Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day of delirium #1 - Welcome

Well I have no idea what I am doing here. I have been wishy washy about starting this blog for weeks. But today I wanted to share some great news with my Twitarded friends and I didn't know how to do it to maximize my effort to let others know. So I chose to start a blog today to show my thanks and to show how awesome the land of Twitardia is. Without Twitardia I never would have met TwilightCupcake http://twilightcupcake.wordpress.com/ (aka CupcakeGirl76 on Twitter) and had this story to tell.


TwilightCupcake happens to reside in Vancouver British Columbia Canada, where the Winter Olympics just happen to be this year. I happen to be an Olympics fiend so her and I started talking all about the Olympics in the past weeks. It ended up that she offered to go shopping for me, looking for Mukmuk (my favorite mascot of the Vancouver games) and a list of other items I requested. Today, I received the box. There is a funny story about the delivery of the box but it isn't important. What is important is that TwilightCupcake is the most amazing person EVER. Below is a picture of some of the items in the box and yes, there was a surprise Twilight tote in the box too. I will never be able to repay TwilightCupcake for her kindness in collecting and sending me this Olympics box. I wish I had taped my reaction as I opened the box and went through the contents. I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas morning opening her gifts from Santa.

 Best box ever!!

Contents of the box: 2 pair of hard to find Olympic mittens, a large stuffed Mukmuk, an Olympic logo t-shirt, the Official Souvenir Program purchased in the stadium during the Opening Ceremonies, a furry stuffed Quatchi key chain, a stuffed Miga key chain, 2 McDonald's toys, a Visa Go World bag, a Limited Edition Mukmuk pin and key chain set, a Mukmuk magnet, 2 logo pins, a Swedish flag pin (hubby's ancestory), an American flag pin, 2 maps of the Olympic sites, a Mukmuk postcard, a Twilight tote bag and a whole lot of love.


She told me that a large stuffed Sumi was also to be included but her children adopted it for themselves. I am confident that Sumi has a wonderful home to live in and I am more than happy to share my Olympic goodies with her adorable children. I hope she tells them that Auntie Dangrdafne says hi!


Wow, what a day!

17 comments:

twilightcupcake said...

Hi Dangrdafne

absolutely love that you started a blog. I think you have lots to add to our crazy twilight blogosphere. I am honoured that your first post is about me and my crazy shopping expedition for you. Always happy to spread the Olympic spirit and thrilled that you enjoyed everything so much.
Your URL is super easy to remember so good job on getting that one.
Can't wait for your next post!

TigerlilyRose said...

YAY! will b adding u to blogroll...love it

@TC great gift box!

Soxer said...

Holding out on me eh?
WTF!
I might have to do the same for Gameward from now on..if thats how your gonna play it..

YOU GOT A CAREPACKAGE?
Stoneys sending me one! Cant wait - they make you feel all special and warm inside.

Followed with love..

Twired Jen said...

Awww that is so cool! I too LOVE twilightcupcake. She's so genuine, and really really fun to chat with.

I'm excited to started a blog! See by the time I finished this sentence, you're already at 4 followers! Everyone already knows u and loves you so I'm sure that number will quadruple by tomorrow!
xoxo Congrats on your new blog!

Anonymous said...

LOOKY HERE!!!! (loved your disclaimer, BTW..you never know what may happen in the comments)That box full of goodies is awesome, and so is TC. XOXOXO good luck, and I'm so excited!

smartEpantz said...

Hey Lady! Big Ups on having the balls to do the blog thang. I have been riding the fence for a few weeks now myself, so I think I may just live vicariously through you for a bit!
And I hate to say this for fear of getting shanked, but I have not watched one inch of the Olympics...I know...I'm pretty fucking oblivious to anything that doesn't involve my kids or my twi/rob/ff addiction. Don't kill me.
Looking forward to what you'll have next!

E

Dangrdafne said...

@TwilightCupcake - I am glad you approve of my blog, it means alot to me that you do. I am also glad that my first post could be about the happiness the Olympic box and your friendship has brought me.

@TigerlilyRose - Thank you I appreciate the blog roll add :)

@Poptarrt - thank you for all your love and support. Please don't hold Gameward back from me, pplleeaassee noooo!

@Twired Jen - Thank you for your support and for saying that everyone loves me - too kind.

@Mrs. P - I am glad you like my disclaimer, I had to do something with all the crazy stuff I follow ;) Thank you so much for all your help and support.

Dangrdafne said...

@SmartEPantz - the Olympics aren't for everyone - no problems here and I am sure others are fine with it too.

Stan said...

Great first post, you lucky thing, what a fab gift! We need to find you a bloggy friend in London for 2012 (Rob maybe?!)

Will add you to the Edbrella blog roll now x

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the crazy world of blogging where you get to say things that no one in RL would understand.

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY! So glad your moved over to the dark side with us bloggies! WTG. As Jen@Twired said we all know you and Love ya so this was a good thing to do :) And the first website my award is on is special to me. I'll be putting a shout out to you on my post tomorrow! Yay! Sorry to much chocolate :) Overly excited :) So welcome to our Bloggy universe hun. I know you'll do just fine!

Anonymous said...

p.s.

btw your so sweet TC! GO CANADA!!

twilightcupcake said...

@Dangrdafne It has been wonderful getting to know you all through this bloggy world and to become good friends. Thank you.
@TM Go Canada - hockey today!

Nessa Lomiva said...

OMG!!! I knew TC was fantastic, but it was so awesome of her to do this. I love how we spread the love in Twitardia. I am beyond grateful to have met all of you wonderful women.

Bravo, TC. :D

17foreverlisa said...

I get home from our baseball trip to Kentucky and find your email telling me you finally started a blog. Woot woot!! We have been on the road for 9 hours, but I just had to sign up to follow (lucky #13) and leave a comment. So excited for you – and for us :) I have been getting the coolest manips sent to me via email from a follower, so I plan on doing a post for Manip Monday tomorrow. One day at a time. Bye for now, girlie!

@TC - You rock!!!!! I knew that you had gone shopping for DD, but you went above and beyond. Just like going to the breakup log for Mrs. P. You have the biggest heart.

mmMoxie said...

Hey Dangr! Welcome to the bloggy world. TCC is really sweet. Looking forward to reading your future posts :)

Snarkier Than You said...

omg what an awesome story! getting fun bloggy stuff in the mail is the BEST!!

love your new home - sorry i haven't stopped my sooner but rl kicked my big ass in five different directions this week and i am just catching up now!

: )