Well, it turns out that from the opener until the end of Collective Soul's encore I was glad I was there and I wasn't missing the New Moon watching at all. It was an amazing concert.
Philadelphia based band Automatic Fire opened and they were awesome. The lead singer's voice was electric and they loved playing for the crowd. Their songs were a perfect compliment to Collective Soul's sound and they were great performers. They played for only 30 minutes and I certainly would not have minded them playing longer. They were that good. We did get to meet them during the intermission and they were very sweet guys. My hubby bought their shirt and got a free CD (5 songs) and they autographed the CD. We will definitely be checking them out again!
Then it was time for Collective Soul. We decided to stay down in the general admission for the opening so we could try and get some pictures and be closer to them. They opened with their new song "Welcome All Again" which is what I told my hubby they would open with, I like being right LOL.
The second song is one of my ultimate favorites, "Heavy" and the light show for that song was incredible. I taped a little part of it...
I admit I did not keep track of all the songs and even though Collective Soul is my ultimate favorite band of all time, I do not always recall all their song titles and album titles (shame on me) so I can not list all the songs they did. They did play "Shine", "Gel", "Tremble for my Beloved" (also taped a little part of), "She Said", "December" and ton's of others.
They played straight for 1.5 hours with just a short break to play a few parts of cover songs ("Enter Sandman" by Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and some others) to rest their voices. They sound as amazing as when I saw them over 10 years ago. They looked pretty good, too. Only downfall, Ed Roland, the lead singer wore a white shirt and at House of Blues the spotlights hate white shirts. So my pictures (and I took tons) did not come out well at all. Here are a few though.
I love the House of Blues as the sound is usually really good and you are pretty close no matter if you are general admission or seated upstairs. I always find the workers very nice and the patrons are usually pretty good too. There was all kinds of people at the show. In fact, I assumed the people in front of us were free ticket people from the casino as they were MUCH older than us and didn't seem to be the "rock music" type of people but it turns out they knew all the songs and took tons of pictures. No more guessing on my part about concert goers that is for sure. The crowd loved the show and Collective Soul loved the crowd. They thanked us many times for being there and for supporting them over the years. It was so sad when the show ended. They could have played all night and I would have stayed right there.
I highly recommend seeing both bands if you ever get the chance. They are worth the price of admission :)
Then we (well just me) played a few slot machines before bed at 2am! But I ended up down $10. The next morning we went back to a slot machine I really love. I have a thing for penguins and this machine is all penguins, all the time and it is sooo much fun. We played on it for quite a while with my money going up and down many times. Once I was even down to $5 and then I won the bonus and got back to $18 (started at $20). Then my hubby had to use the rest room and he says "Hope you do well while I am gone." He leaves and then... 17foreverLisa look away now.... suddenly a wh*le (spelled that way in case Lisa didn't look away) came crashing on the screen and the reels started spinning and the music was playing and when the reels stopped, I was winning and winning and winning!!! My hubby comes out of the rest room and goes "I hope that is your machine making all that noise.... oh my!!" I was already at $40 when he came back and then the wh*le showed up again and when all was said and done I had $89.55 in winnings!!!! WOO HOO!!! It was so exciting and it was so much fun. The lady next to us was so happy too and she wished she had picked my machine, which is funny because just before I was winning I was wishing I had her machine LOL!!
So after I counted out everything and I replaced the money from my pot, I was ahead by $50!! We actually did play some more on other machines - so we could get our $5 for parking back but I never went below my pot and I went home with $50 in winnings!! AND my hubby is willing to go back again :) Wins all around!!!!
This is hubby and myself after the concert.
His shirt is from another band we love to follow, Groovelily!
It was a great and much needed trip!

11 comments:
That's excellent, DD! Congrats on the winnings and I'm glad you had fun at the concert! Your pictures turned out great!!
I am glad you had fun. I was thinking about you when I learned Twitarded would be watching NM. I knew you'd wanted to watch it with them, as did I frankly. I was too tired, and slept on Friday night, while you did all this fun and amazing stuff.
Thank you for giving us this photo of you and your hubs. The only other images I'd seen of you were from your trip to Italy. :D
Wow, DD!! That looks like so much fun. I love Collective Soul. I do like their older stuff a bit more than the newer stuff. I was going to see them here once but they cancelled their show. I think it was like 7 or 8 years ago. I would love to see them play Tremble though, I love that song. It totally made the Twilight Soundtrack what it is. LOL. So glad you had such great times and won money too and your hubby loved it too. You managed to get some good pics. Your camera must have an awesome zoom lense.
Your hubby's shirt is so funny, and true. I love it.
My veri word is dooti. LOL I'm such a child. I feel like Emmet right now.
Hey DD, looks
Ike you had an awesome time...I'm glad you and your hubby enjoy concerts together! I can't see the videos yet but I will tonight...welcome home!
AC is definitely your place DD!
I'm glad CS played "Tremble" and your night was Twilight connected in that way! I bet "Shine" was a highlight. I love that song.
Yay you're home :)
Sounds as if you had a fab time. Lovely pic of you and your hubs too
xxx
Woooo hooo congrats on the wins!!! Collective Soul looks brilliant and I will check them out some more. I've got tickets for me and my eldest son to go see Feeder in October and me and the hubs are seeing paul weller in November and I think Hawkwind in December. Also got a couple of comedians to see this year, YAY. I love concerts!!! Luvs ya DD xx
Oooh Double bonus! Money and Collective Soul! Could you have any more fun? LOL Glad you and the hubby had a great time. I go see Dixie Chicks and the Eagles tomorrow night!!! But I won't be winning any money like you :( Great pics and video! Thanks for sharing!
TM~
xoxo
AWESOME! Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. Sweet bonus to win some cash too. ( I hope Lisa never has to encounter that slot machine. It would scare the shit out of her and take all her money.)
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't stay for the entire NM viewing at Twitarded. I don't like the movie (and that's putting it mildly) so I had to motor before I got super annoyed. Cherry vodka couldn't even make it watchable for me.
Ha! You know me so well. I did look away and then I looked back, so thank you for the correct spelling. Mox is right. It would have scared the shit out of me and I would have ran away and left my winnings for someone else to collect.
What a great picture of you and Brian! I'm so glad you included it. *waves at Brian*
I'm still laughing just thinking about the fact that you sent me a text message about winning money and I thought it was spam and deleted it. I had to tell Mrs. P about that one.
I seriously got goosebumps when I listened to your clip of them singing Tremble for My Beloved. And Shine with the crowd singing along is amazing.
I know you had a great time. Thanks again for sharing it with me and the rest of your followers. Very, very cool!
XOXO
Lisa
I missed the New Moon watching too! Sounds like it was worth it for you though. Thanks for posting our button. You are the best!
Post a Comment