Doctor Who quote
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Day of Delirium #112 - BlogHer12
So I thought I was ready. I had my reservations, my ticket, my business cards, my camera and my suitcase. I couldn't wait to see SnarkierThanYou, JennyJerkface, LatchkeyWife, MissTejota and all the other new people I would meet. I was looking forward to returning to the Hilton New York where I stayed with LivingWithEdward in April 2011 for the Water for Elephants premiere. And I couldn't wait to learn more about the art of blogging.
What I wasn't ready for, and didn't have, was an answer to the question "what do you blog about?" I don't know why I didn't think about it. Did I think people really wouldn't ask? Did I think I could avoid the question? Change the subject? Pretend I didn't hear them? Nope. I had to answer, so I did.
I said something like this: "My blog is currently a Twilight blog with some self help thrown in at times. Moving forward I am pretty sure it will be about self help and general life situations." Kind of boring but pretty much the truth. I certainly didn't want someone coming to my blog and being shocked at all the Twilight posts so I knew I had to mention it. But soon it will be time to post about other topics and here is where you all come in.
What do you think my blog should be about? What do you want to read about? Are there subjects you want me to discuss? Are the subjects you definitely don't want me to discuss? Please let me know in the comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I really like the self-help, inspiration, lifestyle focus. You really do provide me with amazing insight and advice and I think others would benefit from your words of wisdom.
I also love reading about your travels. Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming VD trip.
I like the lifestyle idea too. But don't stop posting about personal experiences, trips etc. Those are the things I enjoy the most.
Huh...I thought your blog was about whatever you felt like talking about on any given day. *shrug*
I like reading about your escapades. I enjoy your self-help discussions. Your heart-warming stories are, well...heart-warming!
Most times, I feel better for having visited. I'm reading...even if I don't leave you a comment. JSYK.
Hi ;)
I never really saw your blog as a "twilight blog" but more of a "whatever I want to blog about blog/inspirational" blog. That said, I think you should continue to blog about WHATEVER...i.e your travels, inspirations & just life in general.
How was the trip OTHERWISE?
xo J
Really tawdry and juicy stuff through which I can live vicariously when I'm not living my own juicy tawdry life. Nice meeting you at BlogHer12. You WERE at the Dr. Who bof table, right? After menopause the mind goes.... where ever the eff it wants. :-) Be yourself. Express yourself. Connect with those like yourself and those who are soooo very different.
I'm with TwiWeasel, it's about whatever YOU want it to be about. Life experiences. I love reading about the adventures everyone is having.
"lifestyle" works! the first time around (2010) we practiced saying "we're an adult humor Twilight blog" lol... This time around we just said we blog about everything, which is also true. it might not have made a great elevator pitch, but it is what it is!
I absolutely adore your self help posts, and your travel posts as well. I always saw your blog as a place where one could read about a person that encounters some "days of delirium". Because losing focus on "what matters" is "dangerous".
You have your theme already, subconsciously. It's recognizing it that's a little hard to do sometimes.
Post a Comment