Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day of Delirium #39 - A little bit of this and a little bit of that

My post title reminds me of the Kia Soul commercial with the Hamsters... which I love... but it also reminds me of Eclipse night as that was one of the "previews" before the movie. What a great night that was!



I realized today that I forgot to tell a story from many months ago. My friends TwilightCupcake aka @cupcakegirl76 on Twitter and @RedBella went to the Vancouver TwiTour Convention and had breakfast with Peter Facinelli. I was following the happenings on Twitter and this is what happened...

Peter Facinelli tweeted me!!!! He would have called me but I never gave TwilightCupcake my phone number... she has it now of course :) I love that I can still get the amazing feelings I felt then while I write this today. Thank you TwilightCupcake and RedBella for a memory that I will cherish forever.


Then TwilightCupcake went somewhere that I can't remember right now (I want to say the airport while going to Las Vegas but I am not sure) and saw a book that made her think of me...


She thought of me because it was very much like my blog. The funny thing is... I LOVE "Life is Good". I own enough of their shirts to wear a different one every day for a month - I kind of love them, yes I do. So when I was in their store the other week, I had to pick up the book. It is everything I love about Life is Good. Simple, uplifting statements that we can all live by. This one in particular makes me think of FFOORRKKSS!!


Some people may think we are crazy for our trip to FFOORRKKSS but I know I don't want to miss it. I want to meet all you fabulous women and have an adventure with my friends. We only go around once so I want to be sure I see it all.


Speaking of FFOORRKKSS!! My hubby came home the other night and says, "I know your trip is still a bit off but I got you and the ladies a gift."


His favorite part of the book is the back where you can fill out your sightings of each "monster". Can't wait to use this book on our trip. Fun times to be had!!!


Then just yesterday, I came home to a box from a wonderful Twitard whom we all love, VitaminR!! I recently sent her the Rainier beer box hat as a surprise gift, just because. Well somehow I got a gift for giving a gift.



Ooooo I love the paper but the gift is even better!!


Oooooo smells soooo good and I love the packaging. Thank you VitaminR!!


Lastly, this week was Superhero week started by Mrs. P of TwiBite. So here is my persona! I like it.


I hope you all have a great weekend.

Anyone have any interactions with a superstar or superhero in their lives?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your almost phone call with PFach...it seems like so long ago now, doesn't it?? What an mazing feeling to see his tweet to you.

Anyway...that commercial before Eclipse was hilarious...

Or trip is a once in a lifetme thing we will never forget. It's the culmination of this whole bloggy experience. I can't wait.

Black Box said...

I did not know that PFach story. That is sooooooo amazing. You got a Pete Tweet! So cool!

And I so agree about the FOOORRKKS trip. Definitely a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. One that for once, I'm not going to miss out on! Hooray! I can't wait.

Your super hero is bad ass.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to do a "coalition of Superheroes" post...

17foreverlisa said...

I remember that day, too, because you emailed me freaking out and rightfully so. Holy crap if TC would have had your phone number that day...

Tell Brian that's very sweet of him to do, although I'm worried that "...the back where you can fill out your sightings of each 'monster'" will have our names in it. LOLOL!

Love you, DD!

@VitaminR - Very sweet of you, girly. I know how much you love your beer hat and can't wait to pick you out of the crowd in Forks when you're wearing it :)

Anonymous said...

UM...why are like ALL my vowels missing in my first comment????

Dangrdafne said...

@ Mrs. P - It was ages ago and I was so remiss in not posting about it waaay earlier than now. It was so amazing and I am actually glad it was a tweet, so I have evidence ;) I love the coalition post!!!

@ LwE - I forgot you weren't around for that story - maybe that is why I thought about posting it now :) I am sooooooooooo glad you are coming to FFOORRKKSS with us. Our Eclipse group will be reunited and that is just awesome!! I loved your superhero too.

@ Lisa - I remember thinking "I have to tell Lisa!!!" I never thought about your names ending up listed in the back of the book LMAO!!! I love you too. Have a great time at Joan Jett with the girls this weekend. Be safe.

Dangrdafne said...

@ Mrs. P - I didn't even notice until you pointed it out LOL!!!

mmMoxie said...

Hamsters are scary. They will eat your face off if they get the chance. Remember that!

It is so badass that PFach tweeted you! Celiac Cutie would have humped her phone.

Have fun in Forks. I can't wait to read everyone's blogs (and drunken tweets) :)

sassykassie1 said...

I remember reading that. I almost pissed myself when he told her they could possibly shoot some Breaking Dawn in Illinois.

I hope you have lotsa fun in Forks and your hubby is so sweet to get you that book and we will definitely have to hear about all your 'monster' sightings... whether they be bloggy monsters or not :)

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

No interactions with any super heros but I love the one you created for yourself. Super cute.

Dangrdafne said...

@ Mox - I ran around my house like a crazy lady (well crazier lady LOL) after the tweets. I smiled for days.

@ kassiecullen - We will have to post our findings from the book when we get back from FFOORRKKSS!

@ HG - "super cute" LOL!!!

twilightcupcake said...

Hi DD - forgot how baking and party planning used to take up my whole life. Phew another party done and now I can focus back on twilight stuff.
I am so glad you posted your twitter of that PFach conversation - I didn't know you were tweeting with red bella at the same time. If I had we could have pulled some crazy stuff on you - not that we would because you are just too sweet :)
That book still makes me think of you and I read through it once in a while when I'm having a bad day. The Forks thing truly is a once in a lifetime experience. Somehow it makes me nervous meeting 70 new people in a weekend! It's awesome that your hubby bought you something like that. I think mine is in high denial that I'm going to meet friends I met on the internet ;) Can't wait to fill the book in with you though! Your superhero is awesome - I didn't have to chance to do mine yet - sad thing about the ipad and no flash. After seeing yours I've got to get on it. We should all wear our heroes on T shirts for one Forks day.

TongueTwied said...

How I love your PF story. That is truly so special! And makes me love him (and Jennie G.) more.

That book your hubby bought is so cool!

Yummy looking coffee!!! I love learning about new Twilight merch!

And I can NO LONGER say your name in my head without it coming out like an announcer speaking, "It's DANGER DAFNE!!!" (She'll protect you in Forks if necessary! ;))

Twired Jen said...

That PFach tweet was so cool! I get goosebumps hearing about it!

Forks is going to be a blast, and can't wait to take a peak and that cool book.

xo J

Trixie and Tess said...

You've got some truly awesome gift giving going on there!!! I love the coffee...that's so perfect! I need some of that. *going to look online ASAP*

I'm way jealous of your trip to Forks! I'm sure it will be amazing! You girls must take LOTS O' PICS!...especially if there is a werewolf or vampire sighting! :)

I remember reading that PFach tweet...so unbelievable and amazing! I just love him!

Tess