Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Friday, September 24, 2010

Day of Delirium #48 - Method to the Madness

Saw this quote today and I really like it:

"People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right." --J.K. Rowling


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok now on to the post - full disclosure only, of course:

Trixie and Tess are hosting a diet plan with weekly posts about how they handle dieting. This week's topic was about the method they employ to lose weight or maintain weight loss. I like this diet plan because it is more than just a diet, Trixie and Tess are working on changing their minds about food and weight loss and that is a great thing to do. So here is my method I have used to lose and maintain my weight:

I used hypnotherapy a few years ago to work on my weight issues. I have kept off 20 pounds since and learned my weaknesses for certain types of food. I still have emotional issues with food but I am so much better than I used to be. Hypnotherapy is not for everyone but it is an option. Now mind you I don't look at a piece of chicken and cluck, I just have a better understanding of my relationship with food and I have 5 hypnotherapy CDs to listen to that help me remember my goals. I was feeling out of control and hypnotherapy gave me the control back.







I also have a personal trainer that I see twice a week. She is amazing because not only does she help me physically with my workouts but she has become quite the therapist at times and even more than that, she has become a great friend. I guarantee I would not be maintaining my weight if I didn't have her in my life. Exercise is critical to weight loss and maintenance, even if you just walk around your block it is better than nothing. I know someone out there who reads all their Fan Fiction while walking on a treadmill every day. Smart lady!


I would also like to share an article that I just happened to read just this morning in a magazine my hubby had laying around. I think it is perfectly timed for this diet plan and it is excellent information. I hope you will take the time to read it as I think it can be very helpful.

Straight-Line Simplicity

Keep up the great work Trixie, Tess and everyone else involved in IRWTSMN!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is Friday again!
Please don't forget Mad Libs are tonite!
We start at 9:30 EST, 8:30 CST, 7:30 MST and 6:30 PST/Arizona.
It is tons of fun so please come play with us :)


8 comments:

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

I love the quote that you posted. How very true. My husband and I were commenting on that, just the other day.

Happy Friday!!

Macey said...

Hi!!! I had to come over and tell you that there are NOT any healthfood stores in Forks. Not that I saw anyway.
But Port Angeles is SURE to have some. It's a 65 mile or so trip to PA but the scenery is beautiful!!!
Also, you might lose cell svc between the two..you're kinda in the middle of nothing. lol

Dangrdafne said...

@ HG - I just read it today and it hit home.

@ Mimi - thank you for letting me know. We are going to PA next Friday and driving past/through it from Seattle so I will check out the stores. Thank you for stopping by too. Feel free to stay a bit and look around :)

Twired Jen said...

PMSL at the cluck like a chicken part! LOL.

Good for you for keeping the 20 lbs off. And, I'm a firm believer in hypnotherapy. We have a good family friend who used to own his own hypnotherapy office. I look fwd to chatting about this with you in Foooooooorks! He helped me with one of my greatest fears...

xo J

Vintage Fangirl said...

DD - Thanks for sharing your method for maintaining a healthy weight. One of the things I am loving about IRWTSMN is getting great ideas and motivation from all of you girls. I will def work on my methods post, not that I have a great method. :) LOL

Nessa Lomiva said...

It seems you used hypnotherapy for quite a few things, DD. You've got me all curious here. I used to be a really sporty person, but ever since I got married and got a job, I have had difficulties finding time, or rather, motivation to exercise. Of course I'm not satisfied with my body, but I need just a little jolt, and I'll be fine. I really wish I had a personal trainer of my own, because I really need one.

Now, the real problem here is my husband. He's overweight, and even though I've told him a gazillion times that he should lose weight, and he wants to, he does nothing about it. He always has some kind of excuse. I really don't know what to do about it. How do I motivate him? It's become so bad that I sometimes cross that nice line and flat out tell him that he's fat. I like him a whole lot better when he's not, and I think he'd be happier. But honest, like every other day I ask him: "So, when are you going to start losing weight?"
I think he's in even greater need of a personal trainer, and it bugs the hell out of me that it has to be me - because there are none here.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it is - when I ask him if he wants to go for a walk, he refuses; if I ask him to play tennis with me, he refuses; whatever I ask him, he refuses. I think the only way is to literally drag him by the hand.

Wow, I guess this post really hit home, DD. I always feel like I'm at the confessional on your blog. And, I love it. <3

Dangrdafne said...

@ Twired Jen - we will definitely talk in Forks!

@ UtterlyAbsurdBella - Any method that keeps you away from junk food and exercising more will work :)

@ Jelly Baby - I sent you an email in response to your comment.

Dangrdafne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.