Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day of Delirium #149 - 2011 BD1 LA premiere

Please note this post if for the 2011 LA BD1 premiere, not the past premiere - that will come in time.

I am a little behind... a year is a little time, isn't it?



I was lucky enough to be able to attend the LA premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 1 in part due to Laxplays, AGirlintheSouth and Donnawhodoesnottweet as they were my wonderful roommates and premiere buddies for the weekend.

I flew in on the Saturday right before the premiere on that Monday and hoped I would still be able to get a wristband for the black carpet.

Serious Business

Everyone I met who asked where I was going I told them I was going to the Twilight premiere and I would see the movie. They all asked how much the tickets were and I then informed them I didn't know because I didn't have the tickets yet but I would get them during the premiere black carpet. I thought for sure people would think I was crazy but quite the opposite, they all said that they believed I would get the tickets. To the point, that the woman on my SuperShuttle to the hotel said she could see me with the ticket in hand and then watching the movie. Armed with the great support and the texts from the ladies that there were still wristbands I headed out to LA Live.

I arrived at LA Live to the sound of Laxplays screaming Danger, Danger - her special way of greeting me, of course ;) After a flurry of hugs amongst them and 17foreverlisa and some other wonderful ladies, I headed over to get my wristband. I received a black wristband - which was different than those for the tent city people but I was assured it meant getting to the black carpet. I was happy.


The only bummer that happened this day was while I was waiting for my shuttle, Stephenie Meyer was at tent city meeting my friends and giving out autographs. I really wanted to meet her, thank her and have her sign something but it was not meant to be...yet.

I did get to see the concert hosted by Charlie Bewley and it featured most if not all of the musicians from the soundtrack for Breaking Dawn Part 1. They were incredible and it was fun to be hanging out with about 1000 Twilight fans in LA.

Sunday, we headed to the Grove and shopped at the American Girl Store

Reminds me of Nikki Reed

Met a beautiful model at Abercrombie and Fitch


Saw the Christmas decorations



and ate at a French restaurant - not my first choice but it ended up being the best lunch I have ever had. Eva Longoria showed up for lunch with her friends and she is one of my ultimate favorite actresses. I was in heaven and was able to obtain a few phone pictures of her.

 We did end up following her into a store and I did go over to her to thank her for all her work too.

Once back at the hotel, I was treated to a clothing makeover by the ladies. There happened to be a Macy's in the lobby of our hotel so we went on a wild shopping spree that was soooo much fun. I can't thank the ladies enough as they made me realize I could look better and picked out clothes that I normally would never look at thinking they would never work on me (skinny jeans) but I was wrong and I now have a whole new outlook on clothing and a new wardrobe. My only concern, how much would my luggage weigh for the flight home LOL

Before

 After

Then we headed out to the Letters to Twilight party that Laxplays and the ladies had been invited to and was kind enough to take me along. It was a lovely get together and during the raffle, I didn't know that the ladies had put my name in the hat, my name was called. I walked up to the items and lo and behold what was sitting there but Stephenie Meyer's autograph on a book plate. I snapped that right up and was thrilled!!


Now it was Monday, premiere day! We made some signs

 
and then headed down early as we didn't know exactly what to expect but we were pretty sure we would be in the bleachers and were excited about that prospect. We lined up by number on our wristbands and because I checked in after the ladies, my number was not with them. I was quickly adopted by the people around me but it was all for not because when we loaded I ended up right behind the ladies in the bleachers! And again it was all for not because once the actors started to arrive, everyone moved down to the barriers to get autographs and pictures.


 
We saw tons of actors and other celebrities, we were especially treated to Rob walking the entire length of the bleachers and Kristen too. Unfortunately, for me, Taylor only did the first half and it was not our half. As Rob came down our section, I was determined to have Mrs. P's avi signed - a goal of mine for 2 years since she started us taking pictures of her all over the world and TwiLoveSue started getting them signed for her. I walked down and casually extended by arm over some people and asked Rob if he could sign my friend's picture. He said sure, took Mrs. P and signed her. I am not sure I breathed at all. Two years of waiting was actually happening in front of my eyes. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him with her but I certainly wasn't complaining.



Then Rob headed over to the ladies and I was the official photographer and I got a great picture of Laxplays with Ron, I mean Rob ;)


Then it was Kristen's time to walk our section and I thought I would try to get her to sign Mrs. P also. Alas it was not to be BUT even better... apparently a paparazzi took a photo of Kristen while I was holding out Mrs. P and it looks like Kristen is refusing to sign Mrs. P. It is the funniest thing and the best part is Mrs. P found the photo online somehow!

I can't get this to rotate, sorry.


So we finally saw all the actors and the ladies were talking about leaving but I said, "No way, we are getting tickets to see the movie." And can you guess what happened?? Security walked over and started handing out tickets. Laxplays took her life in her hands and reached out through the crowd and came back with 4 tickets!!!!!!

 
In we went, free popcorn and sodas were available in collector movie cups and we grabbed them as we headed to our seats. Ironically, three of the tickets were together and the one I happened to get was two rows back. LOL But of course as luck would have it I ended up sitting with the ladies when a woman managed to get herself removed from the row they were in.

Even better... our seats were right near where ALL the celebrities were entering to get to their seats. We saw Taylor, Kristen, Nikki, etc but as the lights were going down we realized that Rob had not entered the building. And with that, in walked Rob. Across the front of our section and then turning up the aisle to our section and then tripping.right.next.to.and.into.Donnawhodoesnottweet!!! Really?? Really?? The luck we had was unbelievable.

The movie started and except for the woman behind us who had never read the books and kept yelling out "Bella, no" when she was giving birth - I guess she thought Bella would die... oooo spoiler alert... we enjoyed seeing the movie with a few thousand of our closest Twilight friends.

It was a dream trip and I seriously can not thank Laxplays, AGirlintheSouth and Donnawhodoesnottweet enough for everything! This trip was made all the better because of the three of you. Thank you



To see all my pictures (the good and the bad), I have two folders on Picasa. I still have not figured out how to get all the pictures to gel into one folder, sorry.

2011 BD1 LA Premiere - phone

2011 BD1 LA Premiere - camera



9 comments:

Chye-Lin said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to have this amazing experience. :)

Laxplays said...

We had a blast!! You were the optimist that day, in terms of seeing the film! I just helped us along the way! I'll never forget your reactions, when I turned to you all, with tickets in hand! Best friendship moment ever.

Nix said...

Oh I just loved reading this and going through all your photos. Thank you so much for sharing!

Mandy's Mind said...

re-living the memories <3 I am behind in blogs too - inspiring me to get caught up - one day!!!

Maggie said...

Still had me giggling , a year later!! Thank you again. I will cherish it forever!

Dangrdafne said...

@Chye-Lin - I am an EXTREMELY lucky lady

@ Laxplays - "Best friendship moment ever." This describes the whole experience for me. Thank you

@Nix - there should be more coming soon :)

@Mandy - glad I can inspire :)

@Mrs. P - Truly one of the highlights of my life.

miss tejota said...

I like re-reading about your experience. Thanks for sharing this with us again.

jennykate77 said...

I loved reading this! I know that it was about your 2011 experience, but I could totally relate! Our experience this year was similar and felt so dream-like. I still pinch myself every once in a while. I feel like I need to blog it soon before I forget any of the details. It's something I will take with me forever...a trip of a life-time! One of the highlights was hugging your neck in person and getting to hang out some! I hope we get to do that again sometime...somewhere, somehow.

♥JK

Dangrdafne said...

Thanks TJ - I will be posting about our experience ... eventually :)

JK I can't wait to read your post. I love to hear other's stories about things we did "together". It's amazing how similar and different the stories can be. I am sooo grateful I was able to see you and hug you too. We will definitely get together again - no worries about that :)