Blogging Challenge: You’re able to stop time at any point in your past…where do you stop time?
Any time before the Internet, cell phones, technology that links the world. While that technology has given me friends across this world and I am forever grateful for that, I am also saddened at how that same technology hurts so many.
I miss when you wrote letters and cards to your family and friends. I miss when news took time to travel. I miss when you could trust newscasters. I miss when you only had the newspaper or the one local TV station to watch for your weather and news. I miss when you had slide shows to share you vacation photos. I miss kids walking to their friend's houses to see if they could come out to play and not just meeting on the Internet to chat.
I miss when we didn't know everything… everything about the earth, the skies, the universe, religions, humans, animals. Well we still don't know everything but we certainly act like it and with technology we feel the need to share all our thoughts with each other. There is something to be said for "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." Thumper in 'Bambi' (ironically I had to use the Internet to look up this quote to get it correct and who said it.)

1 comment:
I miss a lot of that stuff too. I wish TV was like it used to be, with set schedules and quality shows. This on-demand TV lifestyle is just too much at times.
Post a Comment