Well after impatiently waiting since Saturday, my New Moon DVD from Borders finally arrived on my porch today (Tuesday)! I must say the packaging is lovely. I took pictures to share but I have not watched anything on the DVD's yet.
First we have the front of the DVD packaging:
Then we have the first section opened:
Then we have the second section opened to reveal the complete inside. I like how the DVDs complete the picture:
Then we have the secret compartment:
And in that secret compartment was the Cullen Crest and Wolf Tattoo reversible necklace:
Then we have the first back. What I mean by that is this is a page that was stuck over the original packaging on the back but upon removing it, I can assure you it will not be going back on:
This is the original packaging back, MUCH better than that overlay:
So I am impressed with the packaging. Next up watching the darn thing. Not sure when that will happen but you will be the first to know ;)
P.S. I was trying to do a Going Bonkers post every Tuesday but I thought posting about finally receiving my DVD after going bonkers waiting for it was an appropriate substitute.
16 comments:
Yippie! It's here! It's here!
Well... power of suggestion @DD cuz you told me about the necklace so I bought this copy. I was wondering where all those pics were--i just ran and looked and realized the overlay thing. Thank goodness!
Enjoy! Edward awaits you! Get working of your rhythm! LOL
@TongueTwied - I hope you are happy with your DVD choice. I do love the packaging. I can't believe you didn't notice the overlay, that is too funny. I realize they "need" to have their info on the package but how silly to cover up the great pictures!
Can't wait to find my, um, rhythm LOL!!!
That's beautiful!! Now I wish I had that copy, mine is pretty run-of-the-mill... hmm.. birthday approaches... but the important thing is that now you can watch it!!! (I haven't even done that yet, but the option has been there, which is important.)
Enjoy! I'm happy it finally arrived!!
First of all, holy monkey nutz! I had know idea that there was an overlay over the back. As soon as I saw your pic I quick grabbed mine and ripped off the back and was like "Yay!" The back is awesome. Thank you for pointing it out. I don't think I would have ever known.
Second, I love the necklace it comes with but the chain looks like poop, so I will be replacing it.
And third, Robsessed posted a list of the differences about the Borders, Walmart, and Target versions and I learned that I have to buy the other 2 as well. Sigh...
Aww, that packaging's lovely, I think it was worth the wait!
Argh, you got it! It looks beautiful and if it makes you feel better, I haven't even watched my DVD. Is that bad?
@ MusingBella - I too am very happy it showed up today. I was getting pretty sad and worried.
@ LivingWithEdward - I am glad I posted the pics too if just to help others realize there is that gorgeous set of pictures on the back :)
@ Stan - It was sooo worth the wait but I don't want to wait like this for Eclipse when the time comes LOL
@ HG - not bad at all. Now that we own it we can watch it whenever we want. wee hee
I love it, DD! As I told you, my Borders version of Twilight is my favorite. The packaging is gorgeous. The necklace doesn't do anything for me, though. The Walmart version has the option to watch New Moon while fast forwarding to parts of Edward, which is what I always said I would be doing, so if it's not offered on any other version, I am going to have to buy that one for sure!
Lisa
Now I'm kinda bummed about my Target 3 disc DVD...the DVD's themselves are gray and kinda boring...blah.
So glad you got yours!!!
xoxo
I got my Borders DVD today, too. LOVE the packaging! I agree with 17foreverlisa about the necklace chain. :-p Oh well. I could see replacing it with a black leather cord maybe...?
Thanks for the tip about the back overlay.
Twi-hard hos rock!
It's very pretty. I'll have to consider it in the hunt for my nm DVD in north America.
Oh wow! It looks amazing. I would totally wear that necklace, especially the wolf tattoo, just because I visually like it much better than the Cullen's crest.
DD, you know, you're starting to make me itch for this DVD. Gah! :D
Damn, your shit is so much better than our shit, gutted, although I watched it again last night and text Mary, Becky and Stan so much getting carried away, eventually shrieking in text, taking his shirt off, then naked Rob, JOY!!!, Stan called me on that and I had to go with ok semi naked Rob but I was exquisitly happy at the time, the happy trail, the gravity defying low slung pants ugh, I was beyond adoration (again)Becky had to go home and watch it again cos of my comments. If it does work ot and we all go see it together ,we are so screwed! lol
The wait sucked, but your "package" puts my $17 DVD from wal-mart to shame. Enjoy watching New Moon over and over and over.
@ Lisa - hopefully I will watch it soon but I am pretty sure it does not have the fast forwarding thing.
@ TwiredJen - but didn't you get a movie cell with yours, I think that is pretty cool.
@ TooMuchCoffee - The chain is ok with the cullen side but definitely doesn't work with the gold wolf side. Black cord is probably what I will end up doing too. Good call.
@ TwilightCupcake - you know you are going to buy it and the other 3 or 4 that are out there - if nothing else but to save the economy LOL!!!
@ Jelena - may I ask why you are considering not getting the DVD of New Moon? Maybe I missed this information but I am curious if you don't mind me asking.
@ Nibbles - you don't need the pretty packaging, you are content with the movie itself and there is not nekid Edward on the packaging LOL
@ TwitardedMom - I just depends on what you want. I wanted the necklace, so I paid to get it and luckily the rest was really nice too :) I am sure I won't care about any of the packaging once I start watching the DVDs :)
@ All - there is nothing saying I still might not go out and get the Target set so I can get a movie cell. I feel left out on that one.
just got this in the mail yesterday! how cool is it that you WENT to the place they are showing right there on the packaging?! love it!
: )
Post a Comment