Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day of delirium #13 - I watched it!

Well I decided while I was home sick today that I would finally take 2 hours and watch my New Moon DVD from Borders. Please note that all I watched was the regular movie version of the DVD, not the commentary or any of the extras yet but here is my take on my second viewing of the movie.

Note there are spoilers here if you have not seen New Moon. I realize if you are reading my blog that is unlikely but I have to mention it :)

1) I love the scenes for main menu - great pictures of all the characters - although the high school friends are not included.

2) @17ForeverLisa, I was right there is no special fast forwarding on the DVD - well at least not that I found.

3) I only rewound 3 parts on this viewing:

a) When Edward kisses Bella's head when telling her he is leaving. The face he makes when he finishes the kiss just breaks my heart.

b)  The whole running through the fountain to save Edward. I had to count the rings of the bell and I love that the final one is Bella crashing into Edward. I additionally love that I have stood in all those places from that scene. I kept saying to myself, "Thank you Mom!" over and over.

c) The final scene when Edward asks Bella to marry him. The reason... it proved that there were two endings in the theaters and I now own the one I didn't see!! When I saw the midnight showing of New Moon, my movie went to black right after Edward said "Marry Me, Bella." On my DVD, the scene continues to turn the camera to Bella who just simply gasps (actually exactly the way I did when I realized the scene was continuing).

4) I found I really enjoyed the movie during my second viewing.

5) I liked watching the room change during the months changing scene. In the theater, I was glued to Bella and looking out the window during that scene and I missed the changes in the room. I like that attention to detail in that scene.

6) Even though I still don't like the scene of Bella as a vampire, I at least got to see that she does indeed glitter in the sunlight, I missed that during my viewing of the movie in the theater.

7) The other point I would like to make about the Bella as a vampire scene, is what someone pointed out when New Moon first came out: that the reason the scene is the way it is because it is what Bella would see and she often thought of a scene from Anne Of Green Gables when she pictured her and Edward being together forever. So perhaps that is what that scene was supposed to reflect. It helped me like it a little bit more than the first time.

8) Now I wish I had started the movie earlier so I could watch it again with the commentary or watch the extras but I have run out of time tonight.

14 comments:

TongueTwied said...

@a--yes acting chops--he perfectly displays that emotion there!
@c omg you are so right! I hadn't realized that!

I found a few little surprises that I focused in on while watching the DVD.

1. When Bella says "don't hate the truck" Rob is smiling at her in amusement--sooo cute. I had focused on Bella and Emmett during that scene in the movie.

2. When Felix is tossing Rob around Rob's robe is all pushed up and if you pause and go forward on slow or frame by frame you see part of Rob's back and his pants are sitting WAY LOW on his hips. YUM!!! How's that for finding our rhythm?

3. Rob saying, "And you believed me so easily." I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and comfort him. He just sounds so hurt.

I'll write more on my next post but wanted to share this!

17foreverlisa said...

I really enjoyed reading your recap of watching the movie. I'm still shocked that it's only your second time watching it btw.

You probably read about the Anne of Green Gables reference on my blog, because I dedicated a whole follow-up post to it.

Well, you have confirmed for me that I have to have the Walmart version for the special Fast Forward Edward feature alone. (Yes, you can Fast Forward Jacob, too, but why would you? LOL! I know you, Stan, and Raitz would probably like that feature. Good thing I love you!)

I still get goosebumps when I think about you actually standing in the doorway where Rob stood. Gah!

Lisa

twilightcupcake said...

Oh you make such wonderful points. I was sure there were two endings and now I know I'm not crazy. The Anne of green gables thing is so true about how she sees it. I love almost every scene that Edward is in but especially the ones you mentioned. In the deleted scenes I like when he calls himself her boyfriend. I've never heard Rob say those words so that was nice to hear. Just like when he calls her stubborn jokingly and then proposes. I don't know what these fast forward things are but I don't have them. I'm super stoked about Italy now and thankful I have your photos to refer to.
Did you say second viewing? Ever? God I feel crazy for watching it in the theatre four times and having the iPod version then.
I also love when she jokes with him saying it's gross dating an old man and when she tells him to shut up. So cute and Melissa Rosenberg did a good job there.

Dangrdafne said...

@ All - definitely the highlight overall was the happier Edward in the beginning of the movie and the funny interactions between everyone. I had always planned to see New Moon again in the theaters, it just never happened.

@TC - The fast forward is on the Walmart version supposedly and it is where you can go to just Edward or Jacob scenes only.

Black Box said...

Two times? Really? That's it? I would have gone stir crazy the first week it came out if I didn't see it 3 times. lol. When I saw it in the theater, the ending had the Bella gasp. I didn't know there were one without. But when I got my Twilight dvd I kept thinking that there were things different than the theater version. The first time I saw it I could have sworn that the first time Bella and Charlie are eating in the diner, Bella asks if he always eats there and he says it beats doing dishes, but on the dvd that was one of the deleted scenes. Am I nuts, or did anyone else catch that?

Musing Bella said...

How exciting!! Now I can't wait to watch my DVD (it will only be my second time, too - I never got around to going back after the opening night viewing). I'll definitely keep my eyes open for all of this stuff, and now I wish I had the Walmart one for the Fast Forward stuff, I had no idea about that. Oh well. *shrug*

Dangrdafne said...

@ LivingWithEdward - I recall the scene in both the DVD I have and the theater version I saw before the New Moon midnight showing (I never saw the original theater release of Twilight). Not sure if others have a different take OR I might be misremembering (which is always a possibility).

@ MusingBella - I like the whole movie, so I am not worried about not having the special fast forward, but that's me :)

Nessa Lomiva said...

Oh no, blogger ate my comment. I will come back later to retype it. Grr!

Anonymous said...

Loved your take on New Moon. I have to admit the more I watch the running vamp Bella scene, the more I like it too. I will have to watch my copy again to see what ending I got. I can't recall - I think I have the Bella one.

xoxo
TM~

Snarkier Than You said...

blogger ate my comment, too - harrumph!

: (

veri-word = "reedu" - how appropriate - lol...

TooMuchCoffee said...

@DD - Thank you so much for mentioning the point about Bella's Anne of Green Gables fantasy. I can totally see that scene in a different way and appreciate it now. Big hugs!

Dangrdafne said...

@ Jelena and STY - I am so sorry blogger ate your comments. Can't the internet keep that thing fed properly :)

@ Twilight Mommy - I am going to assume that the DVDs will all have the Bella ending, don't know why I assume them but I just do :)

@ TooMuchCoffee - I am glad I could help, I know I felt much better after thinking about it that way. Thanks to 17ForeverLisa as she pointed out it was on her blog that I read this tidbit - THANK YOU Lisa!!!

Twired Jen said...

I agree with your #7...In the book, Bella totally envisions an Anne of Green Gables moment...However in Breaking Dawn, based on the descriptions, she seemed a little sexier during her first hunt.
Alot of ppl didn't like that quick flash of the future, but I enjoyed it. I don't think they look cheesy...it's just how Bella perceived herself, not what actually happens in BD.
Ok, I realize that maybe none of this made sense...I keep getting interrupted by guests...DAMN those hotel guests. ;)

xo Jen

RinTheRed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.