My best friend, DangrDonna (her newly minted Twitardia name as of today), called me last night and I could tell something was up with her. She was very hesitant with me and that is not her normal tone. It turns out she rented Twilight and was afraid to tell me that she didn't like it. She was so relieved when I told her that lots of people didn't like it and although I loved it, I didn't mind that she didn't like it. She is loving the books and that is far more important to me. Although I don't think she has gotten to Breaking Dawn yet so I might have to hold off on saying she loves the whole series ;) Anyway, DangrDonna is going with me to FFOORRKKSS and that truly is all that matters! LOL
Nibbles received her mini-E today and she is very happy, as am I. I am impatiently waiting on pictures though!
I also read somewhere (Twitter??) about Celiac Cutie having mini-E deliver her baby in a few months and wouldn't it be hilarious to have a full sized Edward in scrubs to help too. I am all for it, let me know where to send him!!
Now a complaint - I can't believe that the box I sent to Nibbles last Wednesday arrived to her this Thursday but the box I sent to TwilightCupcake last Monday still is not there on this Thursday and she is on the SAME continent as me!! What is up with that??
Speaking of Twilight Cupcake: I need to thank her for something else wonderful she did this week. First she wrote a wonderfully complicated blog post about mobile blogs and creating them Original Blog Post on which I commented that I had no idea what she was talking about. Well now I know what she is talking about and I am thrilled. What started out as something for her to use while she is away has turned in to my saving grace for watching videos during the work day and on my phone. She wrote a great step by step post about setting up a mobile blog Step by Step Blog Post but she is also personally setting up many of Twitardia's blogs as mobile sites for use on iPhones, etc and doing an amazing job at it. I was lucky enough to be the guinea pig blog and now have a really cute icon on her phone and an easier way for her to read my posts on her phone. My favorite conversion of all though is the Call of Booty blog !! I couldn't read the blog on my phone but now I can from their mobile site and I am beyond happy about that. So great job TwilightCupcake and THANK YOU!
I am also thrilled to say that MamaCougar got to meet Jodi Picoult this week. If you don't recall, one of my Friday Fun Five questions a few weeks ago was "What is an item on your Bucket List?" and MamaCougar had answered: "I really, really, REEEEALLY want to meet and have lunch with the great author Jodi Picoult. That woman just amazes me beyond measure." Well it wasn't lunch but she did get to see her and she even received two tweets from Ms. Picoult too! I love stories like this, dreams coming true! So happy for you MamaCougar.
And we have a new neighbor on the block. Jen at Twired pointed her out on Twitter and I of course blindly followed and I am glad I did. Her name is TongueTwied and she is very cool http://www.tonguetwied.blogspot.com/. But I might be a bit biased as her blog name and banner by MissAmyJoon has a tongue in it and my avi is my cat's tongue ;) Please check TongueTwied out and see for yourselves how cool she is.
Don't forget that tomorrow is a new Dirty Speech Bubble (DSB) at Twilight Mommy's blog , Friday Fun Five at Twi-Edbrella's blog with Nibbles as the questioner but take note that there is NO Druken Mad Libs at Twilight SagaPalooza this week in honor of Remember Me weekend (mmMoxie and crew are all going to see the movie on Friday night). If I have forgotten to list your item here, please let me know and I will add it.
9 comments:
Wow, thank you for the wrap up. I feel so informed, and I must add, the 'twi on the go' mobile revolution is soooo awesome. Total props to Twilight Cupcake!! That girl is a smarty pantz!
Now I'm off to check out tongue tied.
Thank you for the shout out sweetie. I am also confused about the postal system but Canada Customs can be oddly picky at times about stupid little things.
Wonderful that you are getting good use out of the mobile blogs. It's been fun doing them and I have to post tonight about all the ones so far. Hopefully we'll get everyone into the Twi-Mobile network or Twi on the Go as HG coined.
I've got a fse and scrubs so I'll see what I can do when I return from Asia.
I wish CC would allow me to pimp out the delivery room in Edward. She is a huge PFach fan...maybe she'd let Dr. Cullen deliver her baby :P
Paging Dr. Cullen, paging Dr. Cullen - I LOVE IT!! We will have to come up with something for her.
DD--Sincerest thanks for the shout-out! This has been a fun week, special thanks to you, TwiredJen, & missamyjoon for that! And invites to all to come check it out the banner, cuz I've got TongueTwiedward!
I'm hoping you will really like some of my future posts-esp the BH, 90210 and cat stuff!
If I may add reassurance for DDonna: you don't have to embrace every part of the Twidom to be a huge fan! JB annoys me a gnat.
I wonder how mini-E would be at cord cutting.
Oh, nice post, so well rounded. I have got to start reading COB. I have stopped reading all fics about two-three weeks ago, except for HG's fic (because I cannot resist). I have been feeling rather strange, but I also want to finish my story asap.
Thanks for the shout out hun! You're to sweet! I'm so happy that the mobile has worked out especially for you. Being able to watch the trailers must have been nice. Poor Raitz was feeling left out. She couldn't watch on her comp at work nor did she have a cellphone! Thanks again and btw I loved loved loved the You Matter post. I never did get to properly comment but wanted to let you know it was good! xoxox
TM~
Thanks for giving a shout to tonguetwied and inlcuding me in it :) I just added you to my blog role. As I was looking through it, I couldn't find you...I was catching up on blogs and wanted to catch up on yours. I swore I had put you on it the second you started...but I guess not. FORGIVE ME!? You are now on my blog role where you belong. xoxo
@ Twired Jen - nope, sorry, can't forgive you! AHAHAHAHAHA yea right, it is no biggie at all. It isn't like I go to all the blogs out there to see if I am on their roll at all. I am happy to have my small group and keep you all happy :) as you all keep me happy!
Post a Comment