So Dangrmomma and I went to Atlantic City, New Jersey for 5 nights/6 days and we had a great time. I was still fairly ill for Friday and Saturday but on Sunday I could finally breathe and I felt almost normal again. My illness only really affected us on Friday and it was an early night but that was ok as we were both pretty tired and we had a nice room to come back to for the night. We stayed at the Tropicana for Friday and Saturday nights, then we moved to Bally's (for my free nights) for Sunday and Monday nights and then to Borgata for our final night on Tuesday.
We love the Tropicana for the atmosphere. There is a section called The Quarter where you can shop and eat at all different kinds of places. It is set up like it is outside and it is just a really great place to sit and watch the people as we did for a few hours on Saturday night. We had a really nice room and a we found some new fun machines.
Bally's even though older, is our favorite place to stay because you can play in 3 separate casinos and shop at The Pier all without ever going outside. And since it has become the norm for there to be some huge horrid storm when Dangrmomma and I go to AC anymore, the weather was horrible during these days. It didn't stop us though. We ate well and did our favorite thing of sitting on the third floor of The Pier and watching the ocean while sitting in beach chairs in the sand .... while inside of course. I will try to show pictures below.
It was our first time staying at The Borgata and we loved it. We had a gorgeous room that overlooked the overflowing back bay and it was very calm casino actually. The best part was if you stay at The Borgata you have a special seating area called The Living Room which is behind glass and a security guarded door that you can only get in by showing you room card. It has huge comfy couches and chairs with tables that you can eat/drink at while watching the people walk throughout the casino floor. People watching may actually eclipse (yes I said it) the slot machines as our favorite thing to do in AC. We love checking out the clothes and the different kinds of people that are in the casino. We even make up stories for some of the people and just have a good time.
Overall I won about $40 every day we were there. The best was Tongue Twied sent me an email asking if I had won any Jackpots and at the time I had not. She must have been my good luck charm though as the final spin of my final slot machine lead to 3 jackpots on the pay line at 2 times and I won exactly $40! WOO HOO!!!! It was the perfect end to a perfect trip.
So here are the pictures I took while in AC with Mrs. P, tea and Mini-E (minus the Mrs. P ones as I will send them to her to post):
Honolulu Girl said she wished she could go with me... so I printed out her avi and took her along. Here she is overlooking the view from our room in Tropicana :) Hope you had fun!
Here is Mini-E trying to move in on Dangrmomma's breakfast that we got free from Starbucks for staying at the Tropicana. Actually I think Mini-E was enjoying the "poetry" on the bag.
Here is Mini-E taking in the view from our Tropicana room too.
Now we are at Bally's and this was the view from our room during the storm. Mini-E was feeling right at home with this weather. He thought he was back in FFOORRKKSS!!
Not wanting to miss out on the fun at the beach (actually inside The Pier) Mini-E buried himself in the sand. He thought it was fun although he didn't like the sand in his hair.
These are the beach chairs and sand that Dangrmomma and I like to sit in at The Pier while we watch the ocean. We were lucky we could see it this day, the weather was horrible.
Mini-E was thrilled when we found him a slot machine he could play (and that I wouldn't get arrested taking a picture of for him)! He didn't win anything but he had fun trying :)
My extra special find at It'Sugar - our favorite place to shop in AC (you have to go to the link to see Twi-Weasel. Who knew she did internet ads?) and we had a 20% off coupon! I took this picture without a flash and check out the next one with the flash to see what happened...
Jacob disappeared! LOL! I think Mini-E did something to make this happen, don't you?
Here is Mini-E trying to find something to eat at The Borgata. He was very sad to see that bear was not on the menu.
Tongue Twied also asked about the pictures I would be taking of Mini-E and Mrs. P and she came up with much better ideas that I could possibly do but I was inspired to at least have Mini-E check out the spa list to see what he might want to do while at The Borgata. He chose to just stay in the room for some reason.
Apparently he had set up a game of Hide and Seek with Mrs. P that I didn't know about until this picture. LOL
I know that Mini-E doesn't sleep but he was so overwhelmed with all the fun that he just wanted to rest for awhile and the bed was way comfy. Wonder what Mrs. P did to Mini-E to make him need a rest?? ;)
So there you have it. My trip to AC was wonderful but I am happy to be home, both my real home and my home in Twitardia.
17 comments:
Yay!! Welcome home!!!
Thanks for sharing your travels - it sounds like you had a great time!! I love the pics of mini-E (but you know I'm always a sucker for those), and I *do* think he made the flash take out Jacob's face, LOL!
Glad you had a good trip and glad to see you back in Twitardia!!
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time. The pics are great.
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA AWESOME. LOVE.
I'm so glad you weren't sick for the trip. That would not have been fun. Glad you had a good time and walked away richer! And mini E. That last pic just looks so sweet. It makes want to just snuggle him. How long did it take him to get all of the sand out of his pea coat. That must have been a task.
You know I missed you!! And this post is awesome. I loved hearing about your trip. I've never been to Vegas as an adult (went with parents in my teens; saw a few shows and Circus Circus). That is just too wild that you can sit on the "beach" inside.
The Twi-Weasel pic is hilarious. My favorite, though, is your Mini-E tucked in bed. LMAO!!!
XXXOOO
Lisa
Wow Daf! I'm SO happy you and DangrMomma had so much fun in AC. And I'm glad to see MiniE had time to rest. He looks so cuddly in the bed.
Thanks for sharing about your trip! It was almost like being there. You're a good travel correspondant. :)
blogger has been eating my shit, and i already left one comment...idk if you'll get this so...
glad you're back safe and sound! you were missed. next time i gamble, i'mma take @TT and stuff her in my bra for luck.
awesomely creative pics. especially mini-e in the sand and tucked in the bed! nicely done!
if you get this..thanks for being so fucking rad! :)
xoxo
E
Welcome Back Hun! I hope you had fun! Looks as though you did by your awesome pics! Thanks for sharing with us!
xoxo
TM~
LOL Love the pic of Jacob disappearing.
@ Daf - Your trip sounds fab! I've never been to AC...or Vegas...or just about anywhere. My husband is a serious homebody. *sigh*
Anyhoo...me? Really? I can't see it. But it's totes awesomesauce that you thought of me on your vaycay!! Thanks!
Hey, your back! Your trip looked awesome, and I love that my Avi got to hang out with you. That means my Rufus's (my chow mix) Avi was there too. Cuuuuuuute!
Jacob disappears?! Nooo! Loved Lil E and his candy slot machine... and tucked into bed!! lol
welcome back!
xoxo
@ Musing Bella - Dangrmomma and I always have a great time together. We love AC.
@ TwitardedMom - thanks for liking the pictures. They were fun to take.
@ RinTheRed - come back and read the post now :)
@ LivingWithEdward - Actually the sand wasn't too bad to get out of the coat but it did kind of just stick to him. He was annoyed with it but survived.
@ 17ForeverLisa - awww thanks for missing me. I remember CircusCircus as a kid in Vegas - I wanted to live there :)
@ StarlitViolets - Mini-E was pretty worn out and that bed was just sooo comfy.
@ smartEpantz - I don't think I have ever been called rad before, thank you. It was a great trip.
@ TwilightMommy - I missed you too. It was odd not checking in on everyone while I was away. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, I think I finally get that now - Twitardia never looked so good :)
@ mmMoxie - I laughed so hard when I saw what happened to that picture.
@ Twi-Weasel - I sent your an email with the pics side by side. I totally see it. I love when my Twi life and Real life collide. It makes me happy :)
@ Honolulu Girl - It was funny as soon as you wrote that you wished you could go along, I went and printed your avi to take along :)
@ Raitz - I thought of you and Stan when I posted that Jacob disappearing picture and knew you wouldn't like it LOL but it had to be done, it was just too funny. I wish Mini-E had won some M&Ms on that machine, he could have paid his way ;)
Aw Dafs, brilliant, I love the mini E pics, I can't wait to take him on holiday with me, though no where near as glam as your break. I'm going to Norfolk, don't drink, nor smoke, nor folk (pronounced fuck in the norfolk language) pmsl. Glad you had fabbo time and won money, whoo hoo!!! Wish I had a mum I could go on holiday with but I would probably bury her in the sand sigh haha
Thanks for the email, daf! I see me now! LOL
@ Nibbles - Sorry that you don't have a mom to travel with. Dangrmomma and I are perfect travel companions. We are so similar in how we like to travel that it just works out so well. I wish everyone could have that.
@ TwiWeasel - I told you :) LOL
Hi Dangrdafne
Your trip looks awesome despite the sucky weather. I love how you managed to bring mini-E with you. My dolls are pimped out to a friend so they didn't come to Vegas. Lucky HG for coming with you too.
Great that you won money everyday - sounds like you need to get an email from that lucky charm every time you travel! The mini-E sized slot machine is hilarious too.
Post a Comment