Ok, so there is really only one great person that I care about with all my heart that was born on this day DangrDonna!!!!
And the greatest part of this day... she is turning 40!!!!
She is joining me in a new decade and we are ready to go.
My favorite DangrDonna story ever is when we first became friends in Junior High School we used to walk home from school together and throw tree bark at each other (who knows why but it was fun). Well I was a year older in school than Dangrdonna so I ended up going to High School without her for my first year. The next year, though, when she came to High School and we reconnected she asked me one day, "Can we be friends until we're 80?" My first thought was wow this person wants to be my friend for the long haul. Then I thought I want that too. So DangrDonna and I started out on our lifelong friendship.
She is my little sister and we have been through lots of "fun" together. We have the type of friendship that even if we don't talk for a month or so, we just pick right up like no time has passed. We don't hold grudges with each other and I can't recall any fights or anything. We just get each other and we are both willing to invest in each other to keep this friendship intact.
So when I sent her a very sappy birthday card because that is what I do, I wrote in it "Well we are half way to our goal of being friends until we are 80!" I thought there was no better way to celebrate my best friend's birthday than with the reminder that time is passing but we are still here for each other.
DangrDonna, I love you and I truly hope all your birthday wishes come true!!
Thank you for being my best friend, little sister, confidant and FFOORRKKSS buddy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
P.S. Since one of my other favorite things about DangrDonna is her laugh, make sure you check out http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ in honor of her birthday and be prepared to be astounded by both hilariously messed up cakes (make sure you read the captions) and some extremely gorgeous cakes. Although the wrecks far outweigh the beauties here, it is what makes the site just awesome. Please note: I am not responsible for any bodily harm that may come from laughing at the cake wrecks on this site :) Enjoy

11 comments:
Happy birthday DangrDonna!!! Have a great weekend!!
OMG! There are some freaky cakes there. I can't believe on of them said Happy Last Birthday. Some were georgous though. Especially some of those wedding cakes. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Not Last Birthday DangrDonna!!
Happy Halfway. Is it weird that Mr TM is my bestest friend? It's not exactly like having a girlfriend, but the fringe benefits are great. Oops. That was the wine talking.
Happy Birthday DangrDonna!
Dangrdafne you are an awesome friend. i love how you guys did the til 80 pact. My husb loves the cake wreck site - I don't know if it's his anti-cupcake thing since I'm so into perfectionist sugar art but he LHAO all the time!
happy [belated] birthday, DangrDonna! Having a true-blue best friend like this is awesome - don't I know it! I may not had the long history with JJ (which is probably for the best because we might not have survived our teens had we known each other back then) but i get what it's like to really click with a friend!
: )
Happy Birthday DangrDonna! The "til we're 80" story is cute! Dafne reminding you of it is too funny!
Friends who shared a similar growing up experience with you are like "Mom's home cookin'"
Happy Belated Birthday, DangrDonna!! I haven't had Dangrdafne in my life for very long, but I already consider her a great friend, so I know how lucky you are.
@DD - The "Oh crap" cake had me LMAO!!!
Great post! Not sure how I missed it. So many blogs..not enough time. Anyhoo your friendship with Dandrdonna sounds fab. It's so great to have someone that "gets you."
xoxo J
That is beautiful what you wrote on that card, DD.
Happy birthday to you DangrDonna. You are lucky to have DD by your side, but I'm sure you already knew this before any of us even knew she existed.
Off to check out the cakes. :D
I guess my best friend is my husband, I have other besties sorta that I talk about guys with and I have my girls I go film watvhing with. I never had girl friends for years I always got on with guys better, my oldest best friends are guys, Phil who I;ve known since birth and Chris I know from senior school...Happy Birthday DDonna, you making amazing cakes, I love the disasters, brilliant!
This is a sweet post, and cake wrecks is hilarious. Can't wait to meet both DDs in FFOOORRRKKSS!!!
Post a Comment