Doctor Who quote

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things."
The Doctor - Vincent and the Doctor

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day of Delirium #104 - Mariposa Bakery - Gluten Free Goodness

As promised here is the post about one of the most amazing bakeries I have ever been in. 11 years ago I had to go gluten free and thankfully in the past 11 years it has gotten easier to find gluten free food.

To find places when I am traveling I start with Googlemaps and put in my hotel or an address I will be at and then do 'search nearby' with gluten free. So when heading to San Francisco/Oakland to meet TwiKiwi50 I did this and found Mariposa Bakery in both San Francisco AND Oakland. The best part was the Oakland store was literally on the way to TwiKiwi50! Woot!

They are a 100% gluten free bakery with eat in, take out and online ordering available. I will admit that I cried in the middle of the bakery as I stood there and realized there was nothing there I couldn't eat. Simply put it was a great feeling knowing that Mariposa Bakery understands what gluten free is and what it means to people who have to be gluten free. I spent about 45 minutes trying to decide what to buy but in the end I got a pizza for Jaymes805 and I to eat on the night after Napa, some French Baguettes for Jaymes805, a brownie, a bagel, and some items to bring home for my hubby.

Here are my pictures from my stop at Mariposa Bakery:





The pizza was delicious and the baguettes tasted just like the "real" thing. The bagel and brownie were scrumptious and since then I have tried many other items through mail order and everything was great. I highly recommend anything from their bakery.

I wish they would open a bakery on the east coast as their food was/is AMAZING!! Looking at these pictures makes me miss them so much. I think it might be time for an order.

Thank you Mariposa Bakery!

2 comments:

Jaymes805 said...

This made me tear up... being in that place would be my dream. I vow to go there some day. Thank you SO much for the bread and pizza... it made me so so happy. :)

Dangrdafne said...

You make me happy!

I miss you.

I am placing an order this weekend for sure. I miss all the yummy goodness.