First up Geek and Sundry with Chris Hardwick as the moderator. This panel was more for hubby than me but I learned a lot and really enjoyed getting to know some new people in the nerd community.
Then we moved right into the TV Guide Favorites panel and it was truly some of our most favorite people.
Then we were lucky enough that Alphas was the next panel - although it is now cancelled, it is one of our favorite shows - we were also at the panel in 2011 that introduced the show so perhaps we are a little biased in our liking of the show, feeling like we were part of it from the beginning.
And the special treat of Summer Glau and Sean Astin was just wonderful!
Then more good luck, Being Human USA, was next! Great show and great cast... loved even more after this panel. The three actors are such good friends in real life that we just couldn't get over how great they all are. They just joke with each other and know each other so well it was quite enjoyable to watch them interact.
I may have a little crush on Sam Witwer.
Then it was off the Nerd HQ to see the Grimm panel with the full cast. This is another of our favorite shows and we love having date night on Fridays to watch it together. If you don't watch this show, I highly recommend checking it out. There is definitely nothing like it on TV in my opinion.
The the coupe of the day. We walked right out of the Grimm panel and right back around the front of Nerd HQ to wait in the stand by line for the Dr Who panel. We made friends with a single girl who was hoping just like us to get in and see the panel. We had no idea how this worked but just crossed our fingers and hoped it would all work out. As I noticed our new friend move back from the line I heard they were going to let 20 in and I called to her and said, "you are with us!" as people started to get in front of her. We moved forward and they announced they needed $20 cash in order to get in. I happened to look at our friend as she opened her wallet and she said "I thought I would pay with credit, I only have $5." and I saw the single $5 bill in her wallet. I didn't even waste a second I reached in my wallet and pulled out another $20, put in her hand and said, "Come on! We'll work it out later." And in we all went!
It was so exciting waiting for the three actors who have affected our lives so deeply through Doctor Who: Matt Smith, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan (who is one of the main reasons I am not a red head). And the panel didn't disappoint. They were so funny and you could see how close they were with each other. The love in the room was palpable. We didn't care that we had to stand and it was about 85 degrees in the room it was worth every drop of sweat.
When it was all said and done, our new friend walked over, hugged me so hard and asked how she could repay me and all I said was "Pay it forward." She hugged me again, started crying and said she would definitely do that. I am blessed that I was able to help her and I would hope that someone would be able to do that for me if I would ever need it. Sharing our fandom is the greatest gift we can give each other.
We love our Doctor Who: Hubby as Van Gogh from the "Vincent and the Doctor" episode, me as River Song, Mocha as the 11th Doctor and George with a cool fez.
No comments:
Post a Comment